b i o
This writing about myself thing is not my favorite, so Iíll keep it short and sweet.
I grew up in a college town in the shadows of the Wasatch Mountains in Utah. While my dad worked as a professor at the University and my mom played activities coordinator and chauffeur to six kids, I spent a lot of time avoiding homework by making up stories and daydreaming about life outside what we used to call Happy Valley.
College took a long time because I kept skipping out every few semesters to move somewhere or travel Ė and I havenít stopped since. Iíve lived in Utah, California, Arizona, Ohio, Michigan, Washington D.C., Finland and Japan, and have traveled through Europe and Asia, Mexico, Australia, Hawaii and Micronesia. For the time being, Iím back in OhioÖ but plotting my next adventure.
Five Things I Bet You Didnít Know About Me:
Things I like:
- I used to work for the U.S. Senate.
- I canít eat bell peppers. Seriously. Bleh.
- Once, in Finland, I got locked out of the sauna. Naked.
- My first car was a Volkswagen Rabbit. Since I couldnít yet drive a stick, I drove out of my way to avoid hills.
- I once swam with a sea turtle off Oahu in Hawaii.
Things I donít like:
- Hanging out with my family
- Books, books, books!
- LOST, House, The Office, Samantha Who, Eli Stone, Heroes
- Womenís Ski Jumping
- Classic Rock
- Traveling to the oceans or the mountains or points in between
- Late Fees