b i o
I grew up in a college town in the shadows of the Wasatch Mountains in Utah. While my dad worked as a professor at the University and my mom played activities coordinator and chauffeur to six kids, I spent a lot of time avoiding homework by making up stories and daydreaming about life outside what we used to call Happy Valley.
College took a long time because I kept skipping out every few semesters to move somewhere or travel—and I haven't stopped since. I've lived in Utah, California, Arizona, Ohio, Michigan, Washington D.C., Finland and Japan, and have traveled through Europe and Asia, Mexico, Australia, Hawaii, Costa Rica, and Micronesia. Currently I'm back in Japan, and always plotting the next adventure.
Five Things I Bet You Didnít Know About Me:
Things I like:
- I used to work for the U.S. Senate.
- I canít eat bell peppers. Seriously. Bleh.
- Once, in Finland, I got locked out of the sauna. In the snow. Naked.
- My first car was a Volkswagen Rabbit. Since I couldnít yet drive a stick, I drove out of my way to avoid hills.
- I'm part Scottish and hail from the Clan Colquhoun.
Things I donít like:
- Hanging out with my family
- Books, books, books!
- Womenís Ski Jumping
- Classic Rock
- Traveling to the oceans and the mountains and all points in between
- Late Fees